Matcha Yoga 抹茶ヨガ
BRING YOGA AND MATCHA TOGETHER - A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
Learn the basic poses of Hatha yoga and immerse yourself in a learning journey that brings you back to the beginnings of Japanese culture. Experience the Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony like a samurai.
- Start off with a 45 mins beneficial Hatha yoga session on the tatami mat.
(No yoga mats needed. Please wear comfortable workout clothing.)
- After the yoga session, you have receive a 45 mins introduction to the traditional Japanese tea ceremony and the origins of the tea ceremonies in Japan.
- Learn the proper way to walk across the tatami mat and find yourself a seat on the tatami mat according to hierarchy
- Watch a demonstration on how snacks are served and the traditional way of making, serving and drinking tea
- Pair up for a hands-on session to make and serve tea to your fellow participants using the traditional tea-making apparatus
When and Where?
- Date and Time: 28th October (90 minutes per session)
Session 1: 8.30am - 10am
Session 2: 10.30am - 12pm
- Venue: 11 Mohamed Sultan Road #03-01, Singapore 239010
- S$48 + GST (Usual price is S$80 + GST)
- Early Bird Registration
If you sign up before the 7th of October, you get $5 OFF!
Yasuko who is passionate about the Japanese Tea Ceremony wanted to set up a private class with the necessary infrastructure to teach her students under the best possible conditions.
About Japanese Tea Ceremony
The earliest mention of tea in Japan dates back to the 8th century BC, when it was first used as a medicinal herb. It is believed that tea (especially matcha produced from powdered dried green tea leaves) was so racre and valuable in Japan that its enjoyment soon evolved into an elaborate ceremony. Called Chanoyu or Chado, the Japanese tea ceremony elevates the process of making and drinking tea into an art. The elaborate ritual sometimes requires days of preparation, and is known for its attention to detail, which includes the careful selection of bowls and vases according to the seasons. Also referred to as The Way of Tea, the ceremony encompasses the following elements: wa (harmony), kei (respect), sei (purity) and jaku (tranquillity).
The Conscious Lifestyle Pte. Ltd.(TCL)
TCL is a sole distributor of Yin Yang Yoga & Active Wear in Singapore.
TCL is a social enterprise which proposes conscious lifestyle through provides eco-conscious products and events, aims to empower women to become leaders through networking. TCL also donates 1% of sales amount to charitable activities.
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM SGT
- En Japanese Tea Culture
Session 1: 8.30am - 10am $48.00 Session 2: 10.30am - 12pm $48.00 Session 1 Early Bird: 8.30pm - 10am $43.00 Session 2 Early Bird: 10.30am - 12pm $43.00
- Venue Address
- 11 Mohamed Sultan Road #03-01 Singapore
Yoga & Meditation by TCL6 Followers